On Saturday, 7 December, Vanessa Ponce de Leon made history to become the first Miss Mexico to be crowned Miss World.
- Miss World 2018 pageant took place – Sanya City Arena in Sanya, China.
- The 26-year-old Vanessa beat 117 other contestants.
- Runner up Miss Thailand Nicolene Limsnukan and Miss Uganda Quiin Abenakyo, placed third,
- Other finalists are from Belarus, France, Scotland, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Panama, Mauritius, Uganda, Nepal, New Zealand and Thailand.
After Crowned Vanessa said, “I can’t believe it, I really can’t believe it, and I think all the girls deserved it. I am proud to represent all of them. I will do as much as I can in the time I have got. Thank you so much, everyone.”
About Vanessa Ponce de Leon –
- Date of Birth – March 7, 1992
- Title – Miss World Mexico 2018, Miss World 2018, Mexico’s Next Top Model
- She has a degree in International Business.
- She has worked as a model and TV host.
- She is also involved in charity work, and serves on the board of directors of a rehab center for girls and volunteers for Migrantes en el Camino and is also a speaker for the National Youth Institute.