Haryana’s young shooters, Saurabh Chaudhary and Manu Bhaker asserted their class by winning the air pistol gold medals in the boys and girls section respectively in the Khelo India School Games at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad, here on Sunday.
The Asian youth champion Saurabh, who had placed fourth in the Junior World Championship last year, shot 240.1 to beat Vijayveer Sidhu by 0.3 point, after the two had tied on 230.1 before the last shot.
Manu Bhaker who has already stamped her class in the national championships, clinching a bunch of gold medals, shot 241.1 in the final to outclass Anjali Choudhary by 6.4 points. Manu, who had won the Asian youth silver, had qualified in style by shooting 387, that broke the junior national record of 385 held by Malaika Goel.
In swimming at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Pool, Srihari Nataraj of Karnataka added the 100-metre freestyle and 50-metre backstroke gold medals to his rich collection.
In the girls section, Annie Jain won the 100-metre freestyle and 50-metre breaststroke gold medals.
Karnataka topped the swimming competition with 14 gold, seven silver and seven bronze, while Delhi collected the same number of 28 medals but with lesser gold. Delhi had seven gold, 12 sivler and nine bronze, while Maharashtra placed third with six gold, three silver and six bronze.
In wrestling, Haryana topped with 14 gold, 11 silver and 10 bronze, while Delhi followed with 6-5-9 and Maharashtra with 4-5-10.
In hockey at the National Stadium, the quarterfinal line-up was drawn. It will be Odisha-Delhi, Punjab-Karnataka, Chandigarh-Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh-Haryana.
In girls hockey, the quarterfinals will be, Haryana-Delhi, Punjab-Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand-Odisha and Chandigarh-Uttar Pradesh.
Khelo India Schools Games Result
|100 Meter freestyle||1. Srihari Nataraj (Kar) 53.07
2. Neel Roy (Mah) 53.36
3. Xavier Michael D’Souza (Goa) 54.63.
|50 Meter backstroke||1. Srihari Nataraj (Kar) 26.89
2. Xavier Michael D’Souza (Goa) 27.80
3. Tanmay Das (Del) and Soumyajit Saha (WB) 28.62.
|50 breaststroke||1. Maibam Mangalsana Meitei (Man) 31.84
2. Tanish Kaswan Nayasar (Del) 32.11
3. Aryan Kedare (Mah) 32.51.
|200 m butterfly||1. Param Padam Birthare (MP) 2:08.70
2. Prasiddha Krishna (Kar) 2:14.07
3. Sanskar Tokas (Del) 2:14.86.
|100m freestyle||1. Annie Jain (Del) 1:01.49
2. Shivangi Sharma (Del) 1:02.00
3. Khushi Dinesh (Kar) 1:02.86
|50m backstroke||1. Suvana Bhaskar (Kar) 32.12
2. Aaliyah Singh (UP) 32.343. Tanisha Malviya (Del) 32.32
|50m breaststroke||1. Annie Jain (Del) 35.49
2. Aaliyah Singh (UP) 35.53
3. Saloni Dalal (Kar) 35.99
|200m butterfly||1. Firdoush Kayamkhani (Del) 2:33.18
2. Anubhuti Barua (Del) 2:33.88
3. G Saachi (Kar) 2:34.73
|10m air pistol (Boys)||1. Saurabh Chaudhary (UP) 240.1 (585)
2. Vijayveer Sidhu (Chd) 239.8 (565)
3. Arjun Cheema (Pun) 217.3 (574)
|10m air pistol (Girls)||1. Manu Bhaker (Har) 241.1 (387)
2. Anjali Choudhary (Har) 234.7 (380)
3. Tanu Rawal (Har) 214.8 (373).
|Boys||Delhi vs Kerala 25-15, 25-23, 25-22
Uttar Pradesh vs Uttarakhand 21-25, 25-15, 25-17,2 5-21
|Girls||Maharashtra vs Uttar Pradesh 25-20,2 5-11, 25-21
West Bengal vs Gujarat 29-31, 25-18, 25-11, 25-16
|Freestyle (69 kg)||1. Gaurav Balyan (UP)
2. Rahul Solankar (Har)
3. Sanjeev Kumar (Mah) and Rahul (Har)
|Freestyle (76kg)||1. Ankit Vats (Del)
2. Vetal Shelke (Mah)
3. Sheeta Guliya (Del) and Ankit (Har)
|Freestyle (85kg)||1. Joginder (Har)
2. Kapil Phaeswal (Del)
3. Sunil Padatare (Kar) and Abhishek Kaushish (Pun)
|Freestyle (100kg)||1. Sahil (Pun)
2. Monu Dahiya (Del)
3. Ankit Kumar (UP) and Prashant Suryavanshi (Mah)
|Greco-Roman (69 kg)||1. Vikas (Har)
2. Sachin (Har)
3. Shivanand Bangi (Kar) and Lavnish (UP)
|Greco-Roman (85 kg)||1. Ravi Malik (Har)
2. Mehar Singh
3. Gautam (Pun) and Rohit (Har).
|60 kg||1. Anshu (Har)
2. Leena Antony (Kar)
3. Komal (HP) & Srushti Bhosale (Mah)
|65 kg||1. Sonam (Har)
2. Mansi (Har)
3. Vishranti Patil (Mah) and Harshada Jadhav (Mah)
|70 kg||1. Ravita Kumari (Har)
2. Pathan Sanofar (Guj)
3. Ashpreet Kaur (Pun) and Varsha Chaudhry (UP).