Haryana Government is going to implemented ‘Syama Prasad Mookerjee Durghtana Sahayta Yojana’, an accident insurance scheme. The purpose of this scheme is to offering accidental death and disability cover of Rs 1 lakh for death or disability on account of accident in the State.
Beneficiaries under this scheme –
The scheme would cover the beneficiaries in case of death, permanent total disability or disability due to accidents like rail, road or air accidents, riot, strike and terrorism, snake bite, drowning, poisoning, electrocution, falling from height, collapse of house or building, fire, explosion, implosion, murder, attack by animals, stampede and suffocation, frost bite, sun burn, lightning, burn injuries, hunger or starvation (death only) and maternal mortality during child delivery (death only).
This scheme would also cover the death or permanent total disability or disability caused due to occupational hazards like threshing machine or industrial machine or due to any other unnatural events, except from war and allied perils, nuclear risks and self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide, or under the influence of alcoholic drinks or drugs, engaging in aviation activities other than travelling as a passenger and breaching any law with criminal intent.
Important Facts of ‘Syama Prasad Mookerjee Durghtana Sahayta Yojana’-
- This scheme is completely free of cost and no premium or consideration of any kind will be payable by the eligible beneficiaries, said an official spokesman.
- This scheme would be implemented with retrospective effect from April 1,
- The claims under this scheme would only be entertained if submitted within six months after the date of death or within 12 months after the date of accident, whichever is earlier.
- No clam will be entertained if submitted six months after the date of death or 12 months after the date of accident, whichever is earlier.
- Any person in the age group of 18 to 70 years having domicile and resident of Haryana is eligible under this Scheme, provided the person was not enrolled at the time of accident under the “Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana”.
- The benefit is admissible at the rate of 50 per cent of the benefit admissible under PMSBY i.e. Rs 1 lakh for accidental death and Rs 1 lakh in case of total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or loss of use of both hands or feet or loss of sight of one eye and loss of use of hand or foot due to accident.
- While in case of disability, the benefit would be paid to the accident victim, in case of death, the benefit would be paid to the eligible relative of the deceased as per the order of priority i.e. surviving spouse (if not re-married), all unmarried children in equal share, mother and father.
- The benefit would not be admissible to any other person, the spokesman added.
- While referring to the procedure for applying under the scheme, he said that application would be made by the accident victim or the eligible relative (in the case of death) to the district social welfare officer of the district where the accident victim resided at the time of accident.
- The officer would then process and put up the claim within five working days from the date of receipt of claim in his office to the Deputy Commissioner. The DC would also decide the claim within five working days, said he.
- In case of death, the documents to be submitted under the scheme included claim form, Haryana Domicile Certificate and proof of residence in the state issued by the competent authority, age proof of accident victim, Aadhaar Card of accident victim and eligible relative (in case of death), copy of First information report or police daily dairy report, post-mortem report and death certificate and in case the surviving spouse is claimant, an affidavit that he or she is not re-married.