First “Khelo India School Games” were held in New Delhi. These games were held from 31st Jan to 8th Feb 2018. Prime Minister Narender Modi Inaugurate First ‘Khelo India’ Schools Games. These games are the part of “Khelo India” Programme, the National Programme for development of sports in India. The Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports held Khelo India Schools Games (KISG) in Collaboration with the schools Games Federation of India and National Sports Federation (NSF) of India.
Important Fact About Khelo India Schools Games –
Venues of First Khelo India Schools Games – Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex, Jawaharla Nehru Stadium, Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, Dr. SPM Swimming Complex, Karni Singh Shooting Range. (Note – All these are located in Delhi)
Anthem of These Games – “Aur Khelna Chahte Hai Hum ………. “
16 Sports Disciplines were held – Swimming, Boxing, Badminton, Athletics, Football, Judo, Hockey, Kabaddi, Shooting, Kho-Kho, Weightlifting, Volleyball and Wrestling.
First Gold Medal-
- Anu Kumar of Uttaraakhand won the first gold medal in 1500m on Jan 31, 2018 at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Abhishek Singh of UP won Gold in Sshot Put while Praveen of Tamil Nadu won Gold in Triple Jump.
- Chanthini from Kerla won Gold in Girls’ 1500m race.
- Pooja from Haryana Won Gold in Girls’ Shot Put.
Haryana Top Overall Medal Tally with 38 Gold Metals-
- Haryana Topped the overall Medal Tally with 38 Gold Medal.
- Maharashtra won the 36 and Delhi 25 Gold Medal.
“Khelo India Schools Games” List with Rank