On February 21, 2018, Haryana Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare Minister OP Dhankar inaugurated “State-Level Crop Cluster Development Programme” at village Uchhamajra in District Gurugram.
Important Fact about this Programme –
- OP Dhankar will launch the scheme in 140 clusters of 340 villages.
- In Gururgram district, eight clusters have been formed of 32 horticulture villages.
- Horticulture is an important initiative for the strengthening of clusters.
- There is provision to spend Rs 510.36 crore in three years under the Crop Cluster Development Programme and it’s an ambitious scheme for horticulture farmers.
- Under the scheme, there is a provision of consolidated pack house under which crop arrival facility, grading, packing machinery and cold house are included.
- Similarly, primary processing units, sales centres and sales vehicles or refer vans, crop residue management and solar energy facilities are also the main components of this scheme.